Santa Fe Network

The Official Student News Site of Santa Fe High School

Newspaper: The Howler
Broadcast: KSFN

Santa Fe Network

Santa Fe Network

Upcoming Events

Finals Week

Tips and Tricks
Finals+Week
Santa Fe High School

With finals week around the corner a little helping hand could be beneficial to prepare the students of Santa Fe. Here are some tips from our AP Literature teacher, Stephanie Bray, that may help you ace your last exam of the year.

Preparation for a final test requires students to do the unimaginable. Study.

“Start studying now. Cramming for a test will almost never work out the way you want it to. Review notes and get a study group together. If you are provided with a study guide, complete it. A lot of the time the study guide and test are the same thing.”

Don’t forget to turn in all of your missing assignments. 

“Different assignments carry more weight than others. If you’re missing an assignment, choose the ones with higher point values and weights to complete. These assignments might better impact your grade.” 

Get enough sleep and nourish your body efficiently. Without energy you can’t get a satisfactory grade. 

Finals are worth 20% of your grade and come in different formats. Whether it’s a test or a project, the grade you end with this semester will stay on your transcript permanently. 

What if you miss your final? 

Semester Tests will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, December 19 and 20, 2023. Only students with an extenuating reason (medical or family emergency) may be approved to take tests early. Students who miss one or both semester test days will need to be prepared to take final exams January 9-12, 2024 when school resumes following Winter Break.