Breaking News

Santa Fe Network

The Official Student News Site of Santa Fe High School

Newspaper: The Howler
Broadcast: KSFN

Santa Fe Network

Santa Fe Network

Upcoming Events

HOCO week starts strong with Mud Volleyball

Homecoming (HOCO) week had a great start thanks to Monday night’s Mud Volleyball; an annual HOCO competition in the mud. 

34 teams competed in a double-elimination tournament bracket. There were fun team names like Bochlate Bip Bookies or the Mud Mommas (M&Ms).

Student Council (STUCO) worked behind the scenes to make Mud Volleyball a great event. They even had a special guest help make the mud this year.

“We had the fire department come out,“ said senior Grant Ehret, Wolf Pack Chair, “they put 750 gallons of water.”

On top of contacting the firefighters, STUCO made the bracket and officiated the Mud Volleyball games. Despite having a very young STUCO this year, the underclassmen members stepped up and hosted this important event well.

“For a very young and new, inexperienced council to have like such a turnout for homecoming like this is amazing.” Grant Ehret said.

While the event went well, there is still one thing that could be improved. Mud Volleyball accepts new teams at the door during the competition, which means the bracket is nearly impossible to make.

“Every single time with Mud Volleyball, that’s what goes wrong,” Ehret said, “We had like eight teams join in and we only expected like four teams to join in.”

Aside from bracketing issues, the event went well and was a great way to celebrate homecoming week in the mud. Bochlate Bip Bookies were the winning team of Mud Volleyball this year, a hard-fought victory against the Mud Mommas, Safe Sets and all the other teams they crushed on their path to victory.