Breaking News

Santa Fe Network

The Official Student News Site of Santa Fe High School

Newspaper: The Howler
Broadcast: KSFN

Santa Fe Network

Santa Fe Network

Upcoming Events

2024 DWDW Opening Assembly

Braxton Knapp
Color guard performing at the opening assembly

Edmond Santa Fe’s 2024 Double Wolf Dare Week has started off with a fantastic opening assembly, filled with wonderful blacklight performances from the various Santa Fe performance teams in commemoration of this year’s DWDW’s charity, Foster Care and Adoption Association of Oklahoma (FCAO).

Kassidy Callahan Speaking at the opening assembly (Braxton Knapp)

The assembly began with a speaker from FCAO thanking Santa Fe for choosing FCAO as DWDW’s 2024 charity recipient. One of Santa Fe’s own, Kassidy Callahan, then shared her experience with FCAO’s support through a heartfelt speech, encouraging other students going through foster care and adoption. After introductions were over, the lights shut off and Santa Fe’s 2024 blacklight show began.

To start, the Edmond Santa Fe Cheer team performed their routine and were followed by the Edmond Santa Fe Pom team. Each team showed off their various acrobatic talents in glow in the dark clothing while the crowd cheered around them.

Cheer performing at the opening assembly (Braxton Knapp)

After Cheer and Pom, Color guard showed their flag twirling skills in a well coordinated routine. The Edmond Santa Fe Stomp team then took to the stage with a performance that had the crowd roaring in cheers.

Stomp performing at the opening assembly (Braxton Knapp)

To finish off this year’s DWDW opening assembly, Drumline made a loud entrance as a crowd of students rushed to them to dance. And with that, Edmond Santa Fe’s 2024 DWDW began with an astounding opening black light assembly.

Drumline performing at the opening assembly (Braxton Knapp)