Santa Fe Network

The Official Student News Site of Santa Fe High School

Newspaper: The Howler
Broadcast: KSFN

Santa Fe Network

Santa Fe Network

Upcoming Events

Back to school: Behind the scenes

unknown
Edmond Santa Fe High School

School starting is no exception for Santa Fe’s event-packed first month back. 

First day of school – Aug. 17

Later than most schools around the state, the first day back to school for Edmond Public Schools (EPS) will be Aug. 17 at 8:15 a.m.. Things to note about Santa Fe in particular:

• There is construction on 15th street, between Santa Fe Ave. and Western Ave. Plan ahead!
  • The bus loop on the west side of the school will be open this year so cars are able to go through that entrance to access the back of the school. Watch for the buses! 
  • Although classes start at 8:15 a.m., the school will be open for students at 7:45 a.m.. 

Senior Sunrise – Aug. 18

Senior sunrise will be the first Friday of school at 6:30 a.m.. This event is for seniors only; bring a blanket to sit and watch the sunrise. There will be breakfast, photo opportunities and more. 

Edmond Softball Varsity Festival – Aug. 18

District wide, there will be varsity softball games happening all-day. Students can’t miss class to attend the series of games, but are encouraged to come watch games during lunch. Since there will be other schools attending this event, parents and visitors will be coming in and out of the field. If you are a Junior or Senior that chooses to leave for lunch, keep in mind that your parking spot might be gone when you get back. 

*These games don’t affect the Lady Wolves season record but are more for practice.

First day of “Howdy Week” – Aug. 21

Howdy Week, a tradition at Santa Fe, is a spirited week of fun and events to welcome everyone to the Wolf Pack.

Dress-up day: Class Colors 

Freshman: Green

Sophomores: Red

Juniors: White

Seniors: Black

Second Day of “Howdy Week” – Aug. 22

Dress-up day: Y2k/ 2000s Throwback

Third Day of “Howdy Week” – Aug. 22

Dress-up day: Country versus Country Club

Fourth Day of “Howdy Week” – Aug. 22

Dress-up day: Spirit Shirt and Pj’s 

*There will be a new spirit shirt available for purchase in the student store.

Last Day of “Howdy Week” – Aug. 22

Dress-up day: Jersey

Class Meetings – Aug 21.

For freshmen and those new to Santa Fe, class meetings are a chance for admin and advisors to introduce the year and themselves. Students will get a chance to ask questions at this meeting but are always encouraged to go to their counselor directly for any personal questions or concerns. 

Counselor list

Freshman Students 

A-L (Mick Hoggatt)  [email protected]

M-Z (Angela Mattson)  [email protected]

Sophomore, Junior and Senior Students

A-El (Meg Gatewood)  [email protected]

Em-La (Lisa Arsenault)  lisa.arsenault

Le-Ro (Patty Bray)  [email protected]

Ru-Zo (Erin Bickle)  [email protected]

Francis Tuttle and Project Hope Students

If you are enrolled at Francis Tuttle or Project Hope for 23-24, then your assigned counselor (regardless of grade or last name) will be Career Counselor Stacy Gentling starting on August 7, 2023.   [email protected]

Back to School Night (Open House)  – Aug. 22

Back to School Night is a chance for parents and guardians to come meet their child’s teachers for the new school year. Parents will rotate in five minute increments through their child’s schedule. During this time, teachers will open their classrooms and provide an introduction to the course. Additional conference time with specific questions or concerns may be scheduled with the teacher.

Picture Day for Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors – Aug. 28

Pictures will be taken through your English class hour, so keep in mind if you have a later English hour your picture will be taken towards the end of the day and vice versa. 

This school year is just getting started but already has so much to offer.