Santa Fe Network

The Official Student News Site of Santa Fe High School

Newspaper: The Howler
Broadcast: KSFN

Santa Fe Network

Santa Fe Network

Upcoming Events

Prom canceled, rescheduled

Prom is canceled for tonight, Apr. 27. Mr. Hayes, principal of Santa Fe, sent an email to students, guardians and staff at 2 p.m. Saturday afternoon:

We have been monitoring the weather forecasts throughout the day and out of an abundance of caution, prom will be canceled for this evening. As you have likely seen the National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for this afternoon and this evening noting today’s weather is a “Particularly Dangerous Situation” for the OKC Metro area.

We understand this is not the desired outcome but the weather models are predicting conditions that are not safe for students or staff to encounter this evening. As you know, the safety of our students and staff members is always our top priority. The decision to cancel prom is actually more difficult than when we call a snow day because we know how much time and resources our families and schools spend making tonight memorable for our students.

Communication will be sent regarding plans moving forward and if we can reschedule this evening’s activities at a later date. We are already exploring options for next weekend.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we have had to make this difficult decision. Please stay safe and weather aware this evening.

Be on the lookout for more communication regarding a rescheduled date and venue.