Breaking News

Santa Fe Network

The Official Student News Site of Santa Fe High School

Newspaper: The Howler
Broadcast: KSFN

Santa Fe Network

Santa Fe Network

Upcoming Events

Max Harrison: An Academic All-American

Second in Santa Fe history
Photo Provided
Academic All-American award winner Max Harrison.

Through the National Speech and Debate Association (NSDA), junior Max Harrison has been awarded the prestigious Academic All-American status, with only 2% of NSDA members able to qualify for this title.

Harrison is the second student from Santa Fe to win this certification- the first being Matt Witman almost a decade ago.

In order to be recognized with the Academic All-American award, students must first win the degree of Superior Distinction with 750 points, complete at least five semesters of high school, exemplify exceptional leadership potential and hold an equivalent to a 3.7 on a 4.0 GPA scale.

In Harrison’s case, a large majority of his points came through participating in competitive drama throughout his highschool career. He also credits much of his success towards the unconditional support of his teammates and coach, Kasey Harrison, who gifted him with many speech and leadership opportunities over the past three years.

“This award, simply put, has been three years of work, not just on my part, but on my entire team’s,” Harrison said. “Academic All-American wasn’t one achievement on just my part; it’s a congratulation of my character, which is on the part of every person who has shaped me along the way.”

With over 140,000 NSDA members nationwide, Harrison’s accomplishments are truly a source of pride for Santa Fe. Congratulations, Max!