Santa Fe Network

The Official Student News Site of Santa Fe High School

Newspaper: The Howler
Broadcast: KSFN

Santa Fe Network

Santa Fe Network

Upcoming Events

Homecoming court 2023

The nominees and winners walk the court

Ten Santa Fe seniors have been nominated for the Homecoming (HOCO) court. Bentley Lipps, Zoey Battles, Mia Miranda, Azlin Kaler, Brooke Edwards, Qasim Kareem, Easton Spitler, William Shoemaker, Bergin Kysar and Kale Purvis were in line to become homecoming King and Queen. Though Zoey Battles and Bergin Kysar took home the titles,

The title of Homecoming King/Queen is earned through votes from other students. To win, candidates must promote themselves and get friends to vote

“Regarding voting, I believe it is a popularity contest,” senior William Shoemaker said. “You have to talk to new people and post on your social media.”

The age-old tradition of homecoming Kings and Queens boils down to one thing, a sense of community. Santa Fe High School is like a family, and homecoming week is a chance for everyone to celebrate together.

“The people here are always so nice, everybody talks to everybody,” senior Azlin Kaler said. 

Congratulations to Zoey and Bergin, Santa Fe’s 2023 Homecoming King and Queen.