Santa Fe Network

The Official Student News Site of Santa Fe High School

Newspaper: The Howler
Broadcast: KSFN

Santa Fe Network

Santa Fe Network

Upcoming Events

Color Wars: All that it’s chalked up to be?

We celebrate homecoming in many ways. And one tradition is Color Wars! Color wars is the ultimate battle of colors. Two teams go head to head in a series of challenges and games. Played in an open field behind the football stadium. 

While there is no real objective to Color Wars, the white uniforms provide a canvas for the bombardment of color to come. The atmosphere of Color Wars was exciting with music and dancing while students prepared to be pummeled. A palpable joy was in the air as students ranging from first-time freshman to last-time seniors took to the field.

“I don’t know whether to be excited or nervous, but I am mostly excited,” freshman Briella Goldman said. 

Standing in pure white, students anticipated the fun of colors in Color Wars. 

“I am very excited, we are gonna stain everything, but I’m excited for the pictures,” freshman Katie Wilson said. 

However, seniors were more somber when reflecting on their time at Santa Fe and their final run of Color Wars. 

“I actually am really sad, first [for freshmen] and last [for seniors] Santa Fe Color Wars so we are gonna make it great,” senior Makenna Fox said. 

Color Wars was an evening of fun and colorful celebration, and an opportunity to socialize and connect with friends, both old and new.