Fun, festive and family friendly: five holiday light displays to visit over the break

Channing Hill, Howler Copy Editor

Are you enjoying the most wonderful time of the year? Are you looking for a way to get in a festive mood for the holiday season? Check out these fun holiday lights displays to add some cheer to your December!

OKC Zoo Safari Lights 

Through Jan. 1, 5:30-11 pm.

Nothing spreads holiday excitement like the vibrant lights at the OKC Zoo Safari Lights. The sparkling show debuted last year and was an instant success. This year’s display features over 60 new light sculptures that depict all sorts of wildlife, including a few prehistoric creatures. *Online reservations are required

Edmond Electric’s Luminance

Through Jan. 1, 5-10 pm.

Take a festive stroll through over 40 holiday-themed displays adjacent to the Edmond Ice Rink. Admission is free, and all ages are welcome. 

Miranda Family Lights

Select dates through Dec. 25, 6-9 pm.

Come and visit the shimmering animated light and music show that was featured on “The Great Christmas Light Fight” in 2019. The display raises money for the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma and is even home to one of Santa Fe’s own students.

Yukon’s Christmas in the Park

Through Dec. 31

This massive light show features over five million lights and 500 different displays. Spread over three different parks, the show also offers an ice skating rink, a Santa Express Train and a free walk-through light show. 

Union Station Illumination

Through Jan. 1, 6-10 pm

Take a look at this synchronized light show experience displayed at Scissortail Park. Synchronized to holiday music and featuring attractions like a 40-foot tree, this free display is something you won’t want to miss. Scissortail also has a few other festive events planned, including a walk through Cocoa Cottage and Village spread throughout the park.