Santa Fe’s Goodbye to Officer Dixon

“We love you, Officer Dixon,”

Kara George, Staff Writer

School Resource Officer Gerald Dixon will be hanging up his badge at the end of the school year. The students of Santa Fe will miss his happy and personable personality. Dixon made students feel safe and was seen as a genuine person by many students. 

After Edmond, the OK police department posted about Dixon’s retirement on Instagram, students, and staff of Santa Fe and other Edmond schools spoke of how they felt about Officer Dixon in the comments.

“He always made me smile and gave really good advice. I am going to miss seeing him in the hallways,” said senior Makayla Bingham on Instagram.

Officer Dixon has served the Santa Fe students for many years and has made an impact on how many students feel about the school. He made students laugh and interacted with students and staff as often as possible.

“I only really got to know him this year as an office aid, but I love when he comes in to talk to us; he always makes us laugh and loves asking questions to actually get to know all of us,” said senior Kiara Nieves on Instagram.

The students left Officer Dixon with a few words.

“We love you, Officer Dixon,” Santa Fe students said.

With a final goodbye from Santa Fe to Dixon, thank you for your service in the community and at our school. We hope you keep bringing smiles to everyone in your life for a very long time.