Santa Fe Network

The Official Student News Site of Santa Fe High School

Newspaper: The Howler
Broadcast: KSFN

Santa Fe Network

Santa Fe Network

Upcoming Events

Beat Memorial Assembly

Before the pups were put in the pound

To prepare students for the first EDLAM game of the year against Edmond Memorial, STUCO held their first school wide pep assembly in the main gym on Sept. 22. 

SFHS band performing at the Beat Memorial pep rally (Bella Lansberg)

Upon the arrival of students and teachers, the Santa Fe band played music ranging from our popular fight song to the classic “Tequila”. When the time came for the assembly to begin, student council (STUCO) unfortunately ran into some microphone issues, which left speakers having to either yell or use a megaphone lended to them by band.

“We had some technical difficulties with our microphones, but it won’t happen again,” said junior philanthropy chair Sara Hassan. 

Although she had to use the makeshift megaphone to sing, sophomore Davyne Heath successfully performed the national anthem with her powerful voice, leaving the audience speechless.

“When they first came out and they were like ‘oh we don’t have a mic’ I was like can I go sit down because I’ve never had to sing into a megaphone before,” Heath said. 

Although Pom also had their share of technical difficulties, they performed a sneak peak of their halftime dance. Cheer coach Megan Molinsky introduced the state cheer to the crowd in hopes of rallying support for their upcoming competition on Sept. 23 at Tulsa Union. 

Coach White giving a speech to students (Bella Lansberg )

Head football coach Kyle White stepped onto the middle of the gym floor, instructing students to perform the fight song two times. After White recited the well known call back “We Are Santa Fe,” football players and choir members stood with him and sang the Alma Mater.

To spark excitement for DWDW, the boys of student council (STUBROS) performed a preliminary boy bands performance, which ended with a bang as they threw glow sticks to the crowds of students. 

“Overall, we tried to do our best, and I think our student body really pulled through,” Hassan said. 

To close out the assembly, the famous spirit stick was passed through all four classes before seniors took the win.