Lady Wolves put up a tough fight at Regionals

Andrew Rasmussen

Lady Wolves Softball Team

Luke Roberson, Howler Staff Writer

On Oct. 4 and 5, Softball Regionals were held all across the state. Santa Fe went to Memorial’s Regionals, hosted at Edmond Memorial and competed against Memorial High School, Edmond North, and Midwest City for a place at State competition. 

In the first round, Santa Fe had a hard loss to their district rivals, Edmond North. This would result in North playing Memorial, who beat Midwest City, to decide who would advance to the finals. In the loser’s bracket, Santa Fe beat Midwest City 11-1. 

North lost to Memorial which would result in Santa Fe playing North the next day. In spite of their previous loss, they pulled out an 11-5 victory against North. This would advance Santa Fe to the finals against Memorial.

This game was one to watch. In the beginning, Santa Fe would take the lead 2-0. By the third inning, the game would be tied 3-3. Despite Santa Fe putting up a strong defense, Memorial would end up scoring three more in the fifth inning making the score 3-6. By the seventh inning, the score was 3-13 Memorial, which would result in Santa Fe losing the game and Memorial advancing to the State Championship. 

Memorial would go on to win the State Championship after beating Broken Arrow 1-0.