Homecoming Tailgate

Kaitlyn Marshall, Howler Staff Writer

The Homecoming tailgate was on Oct. 6 outside the football field from 5-6:30 p.m. Food trucks, Santa Fe clubs and Student Council (STUCO) came to hang out with those in attendance and show what they have to offer to students.

The clubs in attendance were Spanish club, Desi club, German club, Key club, Black Student Union(BSU), Orchestra, Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA) and the Gender-Sexuality Alliance (GSA).

The Wicked Hangry food truck came out for the tailgate, selling burgers, sliders, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, wings and strips. The various clubs at the tailgate had games set up for the students and awarded prizes for winning which was mostly candy, and they also sold snacks and drinks.

The BSU club braided and tinseled hair and painted faces in the school colors before the homecoming game. They had music playing and welcomed everyone that came to the table.

“BSU is promoting unity, black excellence and school spirit,” said Favour Zokari, a senior and vice president of BSU. “We are just making sure everyone feels welcome and provide an environment for Santa Fe’s black students, but also every student.”

The GSA club was very popular at the tailgate and had a great turnout. They had free cookies and were painting pumpkins as well as doing tarot readings.

“GSA is here to show out and participate in all the comrades. Anyone can join, and I mean anyone. “ said Gigi Price, a senior and a part of the operations committee.”GSA is here for the well-being of LGBT students of Santa Fe.”

The homecoming tailgate was full of fun, prizes and school spirit. When the next tailgate comes around, you won’t want to miss out!