Santa Fe Network

The Official Student News Site of Santa Fe High School

Newspaper: The Howler
Broadcast: KSFN

Santa Fe Network

Santa Fe Network

Upcoming Events

Anton Gibson takes on new role as assistant principal

A.+Gibson+
Bella Lansberg
A. Gibson

As the new school year begins, many new teachers have joined the staff team, among them is Santa Fe’s newest assistant principal, Anton Gibson.

Gibson was raised in Oklahoma City and attended Douglass High School where he played football as a tight end. This ultimately led to him earning a scholarship to continue to play for Langston University

Prior to his work at Santa Fe, Gibson worked at as a truancy officer for Oklahoma City Focus. This allowed him to learn how to communicate with students, juggle difficult topics and learn how to diffuse situations. Following his time at Oklahoma City Focus, Gibson began work at Sequoyah Middle School which allowed him to gain experience working with kids in a different environment. 

For Gibson specifically, he decided that moving to Santa Fe would be an positive experience because he tends to relate more to high schoolers in comparison to middle schoolers. He also appreciates the various kinds of representation that high schools’ hold.

“I decided to move up to Santa Fe for the opportunity to get to work with a diverse culture of students from all walks of life,” said Gibson. 

Gibson stresses the importance of a welcoming environment and wants everyone to know that his door is always open.

“I just want everybody to know… if you feel like you need to talk to me, please don’t hesitate,” said Gibson. 

Santa Fe is thankful that Mr. Gibson decided to join Santa Fe as our new assistant principal!