Breaking News

Santa Fe Network

The Official Student News Site of Santa Fe High School

Newspaper: The Howler
Broadcast: KSFN

Santa Fe Network

Santa Fe Network

Upcoming Events

The perfect fall playlist

5 songs you need on your fall songs

As the colors of the leaves change and begin to fall off various tree’s there’s no time better than now to pull out fall playlists from the top shelf. If you don’t have a perfectly curated playlist for the season yet, here are some songs you need to create a perfect fall playlist. 

“Kiss Me” – Sixpence None the Richer

Spotify

When the word fall comes to mind, I think of a couple of things. Coffee, Sweaters and “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None The Richer. The opening guitar riff will forever catch my attention as I will always feel inclined to yell out the lyrics no matter where I am. After the song was featured in the 1999 film She’s All That, “Kiss Me” gained widespread popularity and debuted on the US Billboard music charts multiple times. 

“Roslyn” – Bon Iver and St. Vincent 

Spotify

If you haven’t watched Twilight, what are you waiting for? Some people call the movies corny, but no pain will ever compare to watching Edward leave Bella then watching the rest of the movie that is just one big montage of Bella being depressed while Roslyn plays. When I’m feeling a little down in the dumps during the autumn season, this is my go-to song. 

“We Fell in Love in October” – Girl in Red 

Spotify

The chorus, the melody and the meaning. Marie Ulven, aka Girl in Red, wrote this song to declare her love for her girlfriend and demonstrates through the lyrics that she’s in it for the long run. Marie’s music features topics of romance and mental health which are two very mind boggling subjects that teenagers think about a lot which is why her music to me is considered so important. Not only does this song hold a sentimental meaning, but it’s perfect for fall. I mean the word October is in the title and the album cover is a dead giveaway that this song belongs on your playlist. 

“Sweater Weather” – The Neighborhood

Spotify

As the cold breeze moves in and we all put on our sweaters, be sure to add this classic to your playlist. You either love it because you see it for the beauty that it is or you hate it because it’s been on repeat for eleven years. If I’m being honest, I used to have this song blocked on Spotify, but after I matured and realized I was never going to escape it I added it back to my fall song rotation. It’s a catchy song that will always put you in a good mood and will for sure get stuck in your head for the rest of the day (or life). 

“There She Goes” – The La’s 

Spotify

This song makes me wanna skip, drink a pumpkin spice latte and jump into a pile of orange leaves. Despite the song only having a single chorus repeated four times, I will continue to listen to it daily. A comfort show for many, Gilmore Girls, features the song in the pilot episode which gives the song more credit to being fall themed as the show mainly features fall sets. All in all, this song will always put a smile on my face and maybe it will do the same for you.