HOCO assembly 2022: “It’s the best day of my life”

The+king%2C+Carter+Pfeiffer+

Kilynn Hammons

The king, Carter Pfeiffer

Kilynn Hammons, Howler Staff Writer

During advisory on Oct. 6, Santa Fe students gathered together before the Homecoming (HOCO) game against Mustang High School.

At the beginning of the assembly, students were welcomed into the gym with music from the band. Then, the homecoming court was arranged by senior couples and was introduced in the order: John Ashford and Audrey Bird, Cade Nelson and Gracie Noland, Chris Fitzpatrick and Sarah Semere, Elijah Metoyer and Mary Mattheyer, Carter Pfieffer and Ivy Brennan. 

King Carter Pfeiffer and Queen Audrey Bird (Kilynn Hammons)

At the beginning of the week, Santa Fe’s Student Council (STUCO) had students vote for their HOCO queen and king. During the ceremony, Audrey Bird and Carter Pfeiffer were crowned king and queen.

“I’m very excited to share the win with Carter,” Bird said. “He deserves it.” 

Next, STUCO chose volunteers from the crowd to participate in a chocolate cake-eating contest, and the freshman won. Then, Santa Fe’s Stomp team performed, which hyped up the crowd. 

Stomp getting the crowd hyped (Kilynn Hammons)

Along with HOCO activities, The 2022-2023 Double Wolf Dare Week (DWDW) beneficiary was announced during the assembly, DWDW will be supporting Not Your Average Joe. A video then played on the big screen and explained what the organization was all about.

Next, cheer and pom (CHOM) collaborated and performed songs from “Mama Mia” which was the theme for HOCO. After CHOM came out, Senior Spirit Corp danced to viral TikTok sounds.