One of Santa Fe’s most interesting sophomore

Zachary Mcnaught, Howler Staff Writer

In modern-day life, especially as busy high school students, people often don’t take the time to get to know new people, But not all students go down the same linear path. In this article, I would like to introduce you to Michael (Mikey) Holliman, an outgoing Santa Fe sophomore.

Holliman has a large personality and is often the center of attention in class. His friends describe him as enthusiastic, loud and gay.

Holliman is also a big contributor to Santa Fe’s choir. He performs in show choir, choir and also performed in Santa Fe’s musical, “The Sister Act”. He says he enjoys what he’s doing in Santa Fe’s choir and in the musical, but it can be very stressful at times.

“Choir is great, but going to the musical was kinda exhausting,” Holliman said. “It was really hard when people forgot all of their moves to a song when we were only two weeks away from performing.”

Holliman’s inspiration for the arts comes from the feeling of individual freedom he gets while dancing. If he’s ever feeling anxious and doesn’t know what to do, he dances. 

“Dancing is one way for me to keep the bad out and let the good in,” Holliman said.

Holliman also loves to read. Some of his favorite writing comes from Madeline Miller’s “Song of Achilles”.

Holliman likes to keep a positive outlook on life and doesn’t let minor hiccups bog down his positive attitude. If he ever has problems with people, he tries to talk with them instead of the norm of shutting them off and ignoring them. 

Overall, Mikey tries to keep a stress-free life while inspiring others around him. He leads by example and with a certain gusto that attracts the attention of people around him.

“We are here for a good time, not a long time ladies.”