The newest details on Edmond Schools mitigation measures

Alanna LaDeaux, Howler Staff Writer

The COVID-19 pandemic has taken us on twists and turns these past few school years, but as we move towards the foreseeable future we see a sense of normality settling in.

Thursday, November 4, Superintendent Angela Grunewald released some new information regarding the mitigation measures that have been put in place in Edmond Public School buildings.

Things like water fountains, school assemblies, fundraisers and any other typical school activities will be going back to more normal settings.

Grunewald mentions that though she still encourages students and staff to bring their own water from home, they will be opening up the water fountains for everyday use.

“In the meantime, we are trying to get more of our water fountains converted to bottle fillers,” Grunewald said. 

With upcoming big events such as Double Wolf Dare Week (DWDW), assemblies will be wanted and expected. In the past few months, the idea of indoor assemblies seemed like a figment of the past but with Grunewald’s latest information we as Edmond can see it as our future. 

“Schoolwide assemblies may be held in large group settings indoors or outdoors. Arrangements should be made for an alternative location for any student who may choose to avoid crowded environments,” Grunewald said. “Principals will work with site leadership teams to establish site expectations for guests at assemblies.”

As COVID cases in our schools start to decrease more and more, we can begin to notice a trend in rules and regulations becoming more lax and daily classroom life reverting back to regularity. 

To find more information about these new regulations check out Superintendent Grunewald’s letter.