Top 10 Christmas movies, least to most popular.

Amira Newsom, Howler Staff Writer

It’s that time of the year again where Christmas movies are coming back to our screens. This list ranks ten of the most popular Christmas movies.

10. The Nightmare Before Christmas

Coming in last is “The Nightmare Before Christmas” directed by Tim Burton. Don’t let its rank fool you, starting with a halloween theme this movie is still fitting for the Christmas Holiday.

9. Home Alone

A series of movies following a boy separated from his family during Christmas, “Home Alone” coming in ninth.

8. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer & 7. The Year Without Santa Claus

These next Rankin-Bass stop motion movies are holiday classics. Listed as eighth “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and in seventh “The Year without Santa Claus.”

6. The Muppets Christmas Carol

This adaptation of Charles Dickens’s “A Christmas Carol” stars Kermit as Bob Cratchit, Miss Piggy as Mrs. Cratchit, and Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge. The sixth movie on the list is “The Muppets Christmas Carol.”

5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

The cartoon takes after the Dr. Seuss’s, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”

“How the Grinch Stole Christmas” is my favorite christmas movie because of the twist the Grinch takes,” freshman David Nguyen said.

4. Elf

“Elf” stars Will Ferrell as an oversized elf in this Christmas comedy ranking number four on the list.

3. A Charlie Brown Christmas

The third on the list is “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” a nostalgic cartoon following Charlie Brown and his friends as they celebrate the Christmas season.

2. A Christmas Story

“You’ll shoot your eye out,” says everyone to Ralphie when he says he wants a BB gun for Christmas. The iconic film “A Christmas Story” comes in second place.

1. It’s a Wonderful Life

The most popular movie is the oldest on the list watched over generations, “It’s a Wonderful Life” coming in first place.

Christmas movies can vary from horror to a nostalgic cartoon. “It’s the most wonderful time of the year” to cozy up near the fireplace, grab some hot coco, and watch holiday films.